Right now its Tuesday 9:48 AM. Halloween is roughly a little more than a week away. I need this for a grade.
I started off with a subject. The goal is to put her in some dark, dingy room, and this picture is very dynamic which makes the finished product more interesting to look at.
Here's the background. You'll notice the lighting and color tones are much different than the subject. That's gonna give us a little bit of a hard time, but I'm really good at just hitting random buttons and having things turn out pretty good.
To match the lighting of the background with the subject, I flipped the background. Then I placed the subject in the background. No we have to isolate the subject, so I placed a layer mask on top of the subject and began covering the unnecessary parts of the subject's image. This always takes me a while, but a word of advice to both myself and whoever is reading this: don't rush. Your final product will look so much better if it's done right.
Ok, so now she's in the picture just by herself. However, she still sticks out like a sore thumb, so we're just gonna fix that up really quick.
Now her color tone is a little better, but she still looks too "flat", and also this isn't spooky enough.
Adding in some more dramatic shadow and highlights, I also went in with a little makeup to give her more of a hollowed, creepy look.
As you can see, a lot happened from the last screenshot to this one. In my rush to get things done in the 45 minute period I had, I kept forgetting to take pictures. Sorry about that. But what happened was first I trimmed down the picture, because there was too much empty space on the left side. Originally, I had wanted to put spider legs coming out of her back, but then as I was doing that I realized that it would take too long, Improvising, I placed some cracks along her torso, arms, and face, adding a little bit of shadow for depth. The final touch was a soft black brush around the edges for an edgy, vignette vibe.